Roto Smeets Group (RSG) and CirclePrinters Holding (CPH) have completed the planned merger of their activities. CPH has acquired 100% of the shares in RSG. The new combination will continue under the leadership of an Executive Board comprising Peter Andreou (CPH) and Joost de Haas (RSG). The executive management teams of both companies will be merged.
Roto Smeets Group and CirclePrinters Holding announced the planned merger of their operations on 13 February 2017, where CPH was to acquire the RSG shares and its operational activities. The completion of the transaction was dependent on receiving approval of the Austrian competition authorities, a positive recommendation from the Roto Smeets Group's Central Works Council (CWC) and final approval of the shareholders of both companies. These conditions were met last week.
Peter Andreou, Executive Chairman of CirclePrinters: ‘Now that the merger of both companies is a fait accompli, we can focus on becoming a leading player in the further consolidation of the European print & media industry. Our priority is now on exploiting the strength of both companies, so that we can offer our customers the best possible products and services.’
Joost de Haas, Executive Director of CirclePrinters and RSG's CEO: ‘By pooling our resources, we have achieved the longstanding desire for consolidation in our sector. I am also delighted that our CWC, with their positive recommendation, has supported this merger. Together with CirclePrinters we will now be creating one of the largest graphics companies in Europe and a strong platform for further consolidation.’
CirclePrinters is a leading European print group with its head office in Amsterdam and with operations in Austria (Oberndorfer Druckerei, Salzburg), Belgium (Hélio, Charleroi), Finland (Helprint, Mikkeli), Germany (J. Fink Druck, Ostfildern) and Spain (Impresia Ibérica, Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona). The company has 1,500 employees.
Roto Smeets Group is an established graphics media company with subsidiaries in West Europe and its head office in Deventer. The Group has two divisions: the Print Division maintains operations in Deventer and Weert (Roto Smeets), in Doetinchem (Senefelder Misset) and in Hungary in Celldömölk (Antok). The Marketing Communications Division in Amstelveen operates under the name MPG. The Roto Smeets Group has 1,000 employees.
For additional information, please contact:
- Bert Holtkamp
- T: +31 (0)6 55380594
- E: email@example.com
- Leading European print group with its head office in Amsterdam;
- Operations in Austria (Oberndorfer Druckerei, Salzburg), Belgium (Hélio, Charleroi), Finland (Helprint, Mikkeli), Germany (J. Fink Druck, Ostfildern) and Spain (Impresia Ibérica, Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona);
- Sales offices in France, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom;
- Efficient and high-quality solutions for graphics communications;
- Customer-specific solutions for large and small, and local and multinational customers in more than 20 countries;
- Pre-media services (photography, database management, page layout, editorial solutions) for binderies and postal services by means of printing using sheet-fed, web offset or rotogravure technologies;
- The company has 1,500 employees.
- Leading graphics media company with subsidiaries in West Europe and its head office in Deventer;
- The Printing & Publishing Division has operations in the Netherlands in Deventer and Weert (Roto Smeets), in Doetinchem (Senefelder Misset) and in Hungary in Celldömölk (Antok).
- In the rotogravure market the focus is on customers in the retail sector (magazines, brochures, flyers, etc) and on catalogues.
- In the publishing sector, the company provides high-quality printing solutions, logistics services and innovative digital services in support of online, mobile and tablet publications. This ensures the efficient and optimal use of opportunities and distribution of digital and paper-based content and the effective exploitation of magazines and other media channels;
- The cross-media communication strategy and content marketing division in Amstelveen, operating under the name MPG, has a portfolio with primarily A status customers in the retail, financial services and non-profit segments;
- The company has 1,000 employees.